Summer Teen Programs
For Grades 7-12
- Summer Reading Challenge - Begins July 11 - Grab a BINGO sheet and reading log & enter to win prizes! All activities must be completed and handed in by 8/25/17!
- Board Game Nights - Thursdays July 13 and August 17, 6:30-8:30PM. Play board games and enjoy some time with friends. Bring your favorite game or play one of ours. Snacks will be served.
- Teen Advisory Group Meeting Wednesday, July 12, 4:00PM. Let us know what you want to plan for future teen events and program.
- Social Hour - Friday, July 14 at 4:30PM. Avoid the heat and relax with friends. We'll have snacks, a fun activity, and plenty of time to talk.
- Movie Night - Tuesday, July 18, 6:30-9:00PM - Kong: Skull Island. Just released on DVD, this latest take on the King Kong story weaves some fantasy into the action and adventure tale. Don't miss it!
- Buddy Up! - July 20 and August 3, 10:30-11:30AM. Do you like to volunteer? Do you like younger kids? If so, here's your chance to have some fun and make a positive impression. Read, color, play a game...the choice is yours!
- Nerf Gun Games - Wednesday, July 26, 6:00-8:30PM. Capture the Flag, Humans vs. Zombies & more!
- Escape! - Friday, August 11, 2:00-3:00PM. This program is unlike any other! In this "real life" mystery game, players solve a series of puzzles using clues, hints and strategy to attempt to escape the room before time runs out. Can you do it? We dare you to try!
- Henna - Thursday, August 3, 6:30PM. Learn the technique of this beautiful art form and get a professionally applied temporary henna tattoo. Permission slips required.
- Minecraft Mondays! - Mondays, July 10 - August 14, 6:30-8:30PM. Come play Minecraft. All ages - not just teens!
- Candy Bar Bingo - Saturday, August 5, 1:00PM. Fun for the whole family! Bring a full-sized candy bar as your admission to the game and be prepared to win candy bars. Sweet!
- Book Discussion - Friday, July 28, 3:00PM - "Life As We Knew It" - Society is falling apart and the world as we know it is on the brink of collapse. How would you survive? Read the book and then join us for snacks and discussion.
- Sidewalk Art Workshop - Wednesday, August 23, 10:00AM (Raindate: Thursday, August 24) - Renowned local sidewalk artist, Hani Shihadi, will demonstrate his techniques and encourage participants in their own creations. Build a better world - make art!